Friday, September 1, 2017

Sweet Peach Tea Recipe



Here in Tennessee, it's already been feeling like fall. Rumor has it we had a cool August but Fall will be warmer than usual. Apparently this is good for fall foliage, which is great, but it leaves me hanging on to summer a bit more than usual.

Usually come September 1, I'm busting out the fall decor and baking all the pumpkin things. I'm not quite letting summer out of my grasp, as I'd love a few more pool days with my boys at this age. They're so fun to watch, darting around the pool in their puddle jumpers, and they aren't into rough play in the pool yet. I feel like next year the pool will be a battleground, as the indoor roughhousing is increasing daily, and it's only a matter of time before it extends outdoors.

Since I'm clinging to summer, I thought I'd share my favorite 2017 summer drink- Sweet Peach Tea. This tea reminds me a bit of the Bellini iced tea at Olive Garden, but it's better because I can have it whenever I want! I drink it chilled and iced, because #SummerLoveForever.


Sweet Peach Tea Recipe

Makes one gallon

1/2 gallon filtered water
3 family size cold-brew iced tea bags
1/2 cup sugar
4 cups white cran-peach juice

Can you tell Kroger is my preferred brand?

  1. Fill a 1 gallon pitcher halfway up with water (don't worry, you'll want all of this tea! It's delicious.)
  2. Steep tea bags in water for at least 10 minutes. (I'm basically sacrilege to tea lovers- I don't time my steeping, I use cold water tea bags, sometimes I even let it steep overnight because I'm daring like that and I like my tea like I like my men- strong and able to sweep me off my feet.)
  3. Remove tea bags and stir in 1/2 cup sugar until dissolved.
  4. Add white cran-peach juice, stir. 
  5. Serve chilled and over ice, preferably on a porch with the butterflies flitting about and the promise of an Indian summer in the air.

What's your favorite summer beverage?



No comments:

Post a Comment