Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Empty shelf challenge or the books of 2014

Last December, a friend shared a post by Jon Acuff called the empty shelf challenge. The concept was to take an empty shelf and fill it with books you read in 2014, and take a photo to share. I read quite a few library books and ebooks, so I adapted it to a list instead.

Looking back, 2014 was my year of Mary Kay Andrews. Her original series published under her true name was re-released, and I went to town! Sadly, I didn't finish two books on my list, but I'm including them because although they're long, they're enjoyable and I'm still reading them with the intent to finish them. There's another one I started but gave up on, a rarity for me, because the plot just couldn't draw me in. If I ultimately make it to the end, I'll add it to 2015's list.

So without further ado, here's my life in books for 2014:


The Book Thief, Marcus Zusack
To Live and Die in Dixie, Mary Kay Andrews 
The Girl in the Mirror, Cecelia Ahern
Homemade Sin, Mary Kay Andrews
Happy Never After, Mary Kay Andrews
Stargirl, Jerry Spinelli
*Walt Disney, Neal Gabler (incomplete)
The Choice, Nicholas Sparks 
Twisted Sisters, Jen Lancaster
The Dead in their Vaulted Arches, Alan Bradley 
Heart Trouble, Mary Kay Andrews
The Secret Lives of Bees, Sue Monk Kidd
Kingdom Keepers VII: The Insider; Ridley Pearson
Strange Brew, Mary Kay Andrews 
Midnight Clear, Mary Kay Andrews
Irish Eyes, Mary Kay Andrews
Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen, Susan Gregg Gilmore 
Bridge to Haven, Francine Rivers
Save the Date, Mary Kay Andrews 
Someone Else's Love Story, Joshilyn Jackson
The One and Only, Emily Giffin
Baby Proof, Emily Giffin
Walking on Water, Richard Paul Evans
The Arsonist, Sue Miller
A tail of Vengeance, Spencer Quinn
The Sugar Queen, Sarah Addison Allen 
The Blood of Olympus, Rick Riordan 
*Creativity, inc, Ed Catmull
Where the Heart is, Billie Letts
Garden Spells, Sarah Addison Allen 
Sopaholic to the Stars, Sophie Kinsella 
The Girl who Chased the Moon, Sarah Addison Allen
The Fixer Upper, Mary Kay Andrews
The Year I Met You, Cecelia Ahern



There it is: my year in books. What have you been reading lately? Do you ever have an author take over your year, where you have to read everything they've written?

I intend to continue to keep a list of the books I've read each year-- it's a great way to look back and see where you were that year. Plus, it'll keep me from forever searching for a book I've forgotten the title of! Will you participate in 2015's book list challenge?

Happy reading in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment